Here at The Fane Clinic, we very much understand the concerns related to COVID-19. As we all know, the current situation is ever changing and advice can change daily but we would like to reassure all of our patients that The Fane Clinic is monitoring the situation daily and is actively taking guidance from The NHS, The College of Podiatry, business guidance provided by the government and expert advice from the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England.
As a result of the current COVID-19, our NHS system has been put under significant strain. Podiatrists and Foot Health Care Professionals successfully provide foot care services and treatments to patients, including high-risk foot patients like diabetics, and are therefore key contributors in helping to avoid unnecessary visits to acute hospitals and in some cases admissions.
Following the government guidance on 12th May 2020, we have carefully considered our role within the community and decided it is in our patients best interest that we return to providing the highest quality of services and treatments that we can offer. We have collaborated and combined advice from all relevant governing bodies to come up with precautions and procedures to ensure we reopen to our patients, in the safest way possible.
We have decided to reopen with limited treatments and services to our most high-risk foot patients first and introduce the rest of our services gradually. From Monday 18th May, we re-opened to provide our essential Foot Care Services in clinic and in June we reopened appointments for our bio-mechanic and sports therapy services. We are hoping to be able to provide our full range of treatments and services in July. This includes our new Hypnotherapy and Life Coaching services by our new Clinical Hypnotherapist/Psychotherapist and Professional Coach Liz Lorimer.
As a practice that offers a vast range of services including Foot Care Treatments, Chiropody, Rehabilitation and Injury Treatment, our cleaning and hygiene standards are extremely high and in line with current College of Podiatry and NHS guidelines. Upon reopening on May 18th 2020, we have however decided to take extra precautions in light with the current epidemic of COVID-19. These include:
- All staff members are temperature checked at the start of their working day
- All patients will be asked to wait in their cars until their appointment time where they will be collected by their practitioner and temperature checked before entering the clinic. Patients who have a temperature higher than 37.3 degrees will not be allowed to enter the clinic.
- Our reception area is currently closed to minimise contact in our clinic
- We are ensuring there are 15 minute intervals between appointments to give our practitioners plenty of time to deep clean and sanitise all work areas between patients.
- Where possible, patients should attend appointments on their own to minimise contact.
- Staff will be in full PPE – a mask, gloves and apron where appropriate.
- Both patients and staff members are asked to stay at home if they have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Extra cleaning procedures are in place and the clinic is cleaned with antibacterial cleaner at the end of each day.
If you would like to book an appointment or speak to a member from our team, please contact us on 01733 571555.